Tuesday, October 14, 2008

You Spin Me Right Round Baby, Right Round...

And if you keep spinning me, I will probably throw up on you. At least, that's what I wanted to tell the tall TA who kept me whirling through combinations so fast I didn't have the time to keep the time. Now, spinning and alcohol-breath aside, I was actually nauseous for a good part of Monday. My dermatologist gave me the face-medicine-from-hell and the torment kicked in Monday morning. However, as I did not want to be labeled as "The girl who puked in ball room", I concentrated and luckily made it through the hour. The rest of the day was iffy, on and off, but I made it through. I called the dermatologist this morning, and they found another antibiotic that hopefully won't try to turn my stomach inside out.

On a much less disgusting note, I got my scholarship check today. It'll help pay for the next few months of rent and the haircut I got tonight. I was looking at my splintered ends, and forced myself to bite the bullet. I called for an appointment (following a cousin's suggestion), and was peeved when I came to "walk-in" and they were somehow booked for the night. So I found a back up. I was terrified to have a strange lady touching my hair (yes, yes...small town mentality...the first stranger to ever cut my hair...and I'm 21...). She must have sensed my nervousness, and double checked every cut. I ended up lopping off my longest layer, but it feels much healthier now. Otherwise summed up as: "I Feel Pretty".

My classes weren't terribly exciting so far this week. My art instructor took a look at my project sketch for the bracelet I wanted to do and asked me: "Are you crazy?". So we made some compromises about scale and difficulty and I got to start drawing some wire for the project. A lot of the people in my class have some very interesting concepts and it's nice that we're all on individual projects now.

Tomorrow I have a presentation on Margery Kemp: A Saint Wannabe and Anchorite/Anchoress Groupie. Plus she's pretty much a full blown psychopath. Though, her ability to bend a traditional woman's role in 1300-1400 medieval England is quite admirable. Nevertheless, there's 183 pages of my life that I'll never have back that could have been summed up with "She prayed diligently and spent most of her life pregnant or weeping hysterically". Plus, she was quite the collector of Saints' characteristics. However, I am more than ready to get into the next section: witchcraft. It'll be interesting to see the fine line between "saint" and "witch".

No comments: