Monday, September 29, 2008

Build Me Up Buttercup

I have had "Build Me Up Buttercup" stuck in my head for the last 4 days. I never know when it will stop lurking in my subconscious and spring at me. I mean, I obviously feel worse for the poor innocents when may overhear me launch into an off-key rendition, but talk about an ear worm...

In other news...I'll get to my weekend last.
I just got home from my night class, and we're THIS close to being done. This Wednesday we'll slap a patina on that sucker and call 'er finished. I hadn't realized how emotionally invested I am in it until a guy from class asked if he could see it. I noticeably drew my hand back even as the words "Of Course..." slipped through my lips. Worst of all, he noticed. A little embarrassing, but he understood of course and so we just laughed about it.

Another funny thing was at my work study today. I got to assemble 50 orientation packets for some incoming students. Each with about 20 different pages. I only had to 3-hole punch 2 of the documents, but apparently it was enough of a difference that I couldn't simply put them together. So, I got to put them together in chunks. The funny part was that my boss was so apologetic. However, the only bad about it is that it's mind-numbingly boring. Much like wrapping condoms or shredding documents for hours. It has the added bonus of not being manure to shovel. At any rate, I will take mindless work over sitting bored any day, so in comparison I found her comment on the situation merely funny.

Today was an interesting day in dance. We learned the last moves for the Waltz (except one) and they went pretty disastrously for me with a partner. Not helping the situation was that I only danced with one guy that I'd danced with before. However, the other 3 were actually all from English classes I've taken (one from back in my sophomore year and he clearly didn't remember me. Fair enough since he's had a lot more classes at UND than me), including 2 currently in classes with me. Regardless, I still had fun and I'm glad I'm taking the class. Our test is coming up next week, but I think it'll go ok. I actually had to tell one of my partners not only the count, but also the cues for almost every move we made - so that has boosted my confidence.

My weekend was pretty much amazing. I saw my family and watched the soccer game they'd come up for. They took a beating...but apparently it's their 5th game in 8 days. I'd probably be a little broken too by then. I spent Friday night watching the debate with some international students (we mostly watched the lines and made jokes about Tom, erm, John, but plenty about both candidates). Then I hung out with Eric and some of his friends, although Guitar Hero is definitely not my forte. Saturday night Eric and I went out with the international students to a couple of places and had a blast. I hadn't been out since Regensburg, and it was nice to have people around. This was after a family dinner where Uli and Eric got to meet Benny (and some other family members as well). On Sunday, after church I did homework until Eric made some amazing Alfredo at the guys' apartment and then I went home. It was a pretty long and tiring weekend, but definitely a lot of fun.

Anyhow, I need to go and do more homework (shocking...) and should finish my food before it gets cold.

No comments: